Instantiating in Center mode?

In the video, when Ben instantiates his rocket in whilst in Center mode (~9:40), it (the rocket) appears to sit on the terrain automatically, including “jumping” onto the launch pad. Mine does instantiate on the pad, but then it seems to just go wherever I drag it, without respecting the terrain, i.e. it doesn’t seem to snap to the top of the pad.

Is what I saw an optical illusion, or did I miss a step? (I did watch again and I don’t think i missed anything).

So I played around with it more. It does instantiate on the pad surface, but when i move it it doesn’t snap to the “ground”, nor back to the pad surface.

Hi,

Please scroll down to “Snapping” on this website. Did you do what was required to make your mesh snap?

Hmmm. That kinda works. Doesn’t look like what was happening in the vid, exactly, but I suspect I was either seeing something that wasn’t really happening, and/or else it’s not really important.

Moving on…

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms