Installing Unity

hi i just started with game dev i want to install unity but i keep getting an error can someone please help me out i have attatched a screenshot

Hi Hirthik,

Welcome back to our forum. :slight_smile:

Where are these screenshots from? What exactly did you do? Do you have enough free space on your harddrive? Do you use an antivirus program or a firewall that might be blocking the installation?

Hi Nina,

Thanks for your reply, what i tried to do was install unity using unity hub. my case is that i already had an older version installed in my laptop. i wanted to update to the latest version so i uninstalled the whole thing and started new. i installed unity hub and clicked install Editor

And then i selected the latest version which was 2020.3.13f1

Then with just one module selected, i clicked Install

And then after after 3-4 GB of download, i got the error which i posted above before installation began

With regards to free space i have nearly 80 GB free space on my C drive so that shouldn’t be a problem

I have ESET antivirus software which detects potentially unwanted files but it prompts me if it detects any and i did not get any notification from my antivirus software so it is not blocking it either

I assumed that my license may have expired but it would take nearly a century to expire

I couldn’t find a solution on the internet can U please provide further assisstance

From what I see, you are using UnityHub beta. Beta versions are known for being buggy. If the problem appeared in UnityHub, maybe you should test a stable version of UnityHub.

I don’t know the ESET antivirus software but antivirus softwares do a lot “behind the scenes”. If possible, try to disable it while trying to install Unity.

Last but not least, try to install Unity again. There is a chance that Unity had technical problems on their server when you tried to download the things last time.

Thanks a lot. It really helped :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms