Inset Boundary Not Working As it Should

Hi all,

I’m doing the modular vehicle portion of the Blender Character Creator v2.0 course. It’s the part where you’re insetting the grill on the front and the boundary on the left side should extend all the way to the mirror edge in the centre.

You’re supposed to select the face, press I for inset then B for boundary OFF to achieve this but nothing is happening to my model it’s still insetting equally on all sides. There are no faces along the mirror edge as is the usual solution I see when googling. Does anyone know what this is about? I’m in 2.93.5

Thanks.

Screenshots first one is the instructor’s version, second one is mine (I’m modeling to character scale so it’s way bigger lol)
blender

1 Like

We can’t tell anything that might be wrong from that, you cut off all the information!

Though it is odd I just mocked it up and it works as it should do. With the mirror on or with no other half like your second image.

General Q&A note
Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
Also include the lecture time that is relevant to the problem/issue.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side.
On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’.
Close ups additionally where they help.

And of course closing the program and opening it seemed to fix it so I guess false alarm. Thanks anyway.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms