Inputcomponent problems

Ok im using this tutorial on the fps template ue4 vs 4.14. had a bit of a problem at first getting this to actually work from a stupid simple error, but on fixing that stupid simple error another problem popped up, and this is not so easy to diagnose, the problem is the inputcomponent is not being added to the player at runtime at all so its not finding it, anyone got an idea on whats going on? thank you in advance.

Do you have your project hosted anywhere like on Github?

no not at the moment, its using just the fps shooter template that came with UE4 and followed along with the video to a T, and when i build i get no errors when i play however the input system is not added to my character at runtime like in the video, im not sure if its because of how the template was developed but i really liked the idea of starting from the fps shooter template and am hoping to use it to build more features and what not off of.

Could you screenshot the errors you are getting in the meantime?

the only error is the one where it says no inputcomponent found. other whys it works great. any idea what to do?

That’s a log you created yourself saying that you don’t have an inputcomponent on your pawn.

Privacy & Terms