Input system vs Mobile Browser

Hi everyone!
Glad to be here and hope for some help from the community :slight_smile:

I know that Unity does not officially support mobile browsers for WebGL builds.
However, I’ve seen some examples where WebGL builds work flawlessly on mobile browser + touch screen.

I’ve experimented and got it working on sharemygame, but it’s somewhat laggy.

And probably no multitouch.

So, I have movement joystick and fire + jump buttons.
I can’t jump and run at the same time.
And running itself is very laggy.

The question is:

is there some hack or possible solution for a touch screen controls in mobile browser?

So I could easily share the game via sharemygame.com for mobile peers.

Example:

1 Like

Hi iii,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, this subject is beyond the scope of our Unity 2D course. Maybe @Brian_Trotter knows a simple solution for you. If not, please feel free to ask our helpful community of students over on our Discord chat server.

Touch Input on WebGL is already sketchy, according to Unity themselves. WebGL on a mobile platform is even sketchier. I couldn’t find anything on the setup lagging, though I found plenty of threads on it not working at all. Unity’s position on WebGL on a mobile app seems to be “that’s too many permutations to code for, this is not supported”.

Is there any reason you can’t build directly to the mobile devices? Both the old input system and the new input system perform very well in games built directly for the platform.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms