Increased difficulty

Hi, I’m also feeling like I’m struggling a lot, I already watched this section 3 times, and this particular lecture challenge made struggle a lot.

I think it’s because there have been multiple times when the instructor says : let’s call this variable “x” temporarily, and it’s just a general name, I already watched the Pattern Designs course and I think that’s a bad practice,

I get confused a lot because I don’t know specifically what is the purpose of those variables if they are going to change. At least that’s me.

Maybe you can edit the video suggesting a better name for the variables on screen or to say if the variables are going to change in the next lessons, etc.

I think the variables’ names have to be really explicit so we can really understand what’s happening.

I’m new to this, so I really felt the increasing in difficulty, but I think that’s the reason.

Thank you for reading, despite everything, I’m learning.

1st EDIT: I made some changes to the variables’ names that worked better for me and allowed me to complete this and next lesson challenge easily. I’ll drop it here for anyone who wants them.

1 Like

If you’re getting confused by the 2D course, please don’t pay too much attention to the patterns or best practices yet. Focus on learning what’s being offered first. There’s a lot you need to learn and understand to get to a point where those patterns and practices will serve you well. In the mean time, I find that they tend to hinder people’s early learning, way more than it helps.

Have you moved on to do the next parts of the course or are you continually doing the same part until it makes sense in your head?

1 Like

Thank you, I just pay attention to naming the variables, I’m not paying any attention to the other design patterns. I just changed the name of some variables that made more sense to me, and they allowed me to pass the challenges way easier. I think these 2 lessons are the hardest ones, the next lectures were easier to me, maybe because I spent a lot of time trying these 2 particular lessons haha.

Replacing i with something that’s more relevant to the actual function of the loop was actually really helpful in memorizing and internalizing how this function works, so cheers for that homie.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms