#include Errors for all #includes during BullCowGame

Similar to the plethora of other complaints, when I created the HiddenWordList.h file and added the #include “CoreMinimal.h” line, I got the red squiggle under it.

However, I did a few things after that and now have red squiggles under all my #includes, including in the BullCowCartridge.cpp and .h files which were not present prior to my actions, and I would like to fix that.

What I need:

• To fix all the red squiggles now ( bc I screwed it up )
  • To fix the one red squiggle under CoreMinimal.h

My Specs:

• I’m running thru the tutorial on 4.27.2
  • I’m using the latest VSCode with C++ extension and the intellisense fix
  • I’m using Windows 10

What I did:

• I clicked the red squiggle #include “CoreMinimal.h”, I clicked the bulb beside it, it gave me the option to add an includePath, I clicked that and it added the path for me, but the squiggle was still there.
  • closed VSCode and the UE4 editor, then I right clicked the project file and clicked “Generate Visual Studio project files”.
  • I reopened the editor and VScode to find that now all the includes had the red squiggles under them. Refreshing VSCode through the editor does not resolve the issue, nor does restarting all the applications.
  • I renamed the “.vscode” file in the start-kit directory and regenerated the VScode files from within the editor. The same issue is still present.
  • I confirmed VSCode is still listed as my preference for source.

I’m not sure where the includePath was added, so I cannot revisit it, but I believe that could be part of the issue. I believe it added a path to the UE4 installation/core folder, as opposed to this current project.

Could you open the output window and then on the right hand side of it use the drop down menu and select the IntelliSense Fixes extension and then show its output?

That helped me to resolve the issue with the squiggles, thanks. I had forgotten I disabled all extensions at one point and did not re-enable the fix.

The squiggles are now all gone, including the HiddenWordList.h > “#include CoreMinimal.h”

New question:
Can you help me to implement the autocomplete for includes into my VS code, such as the autocomplete for #include "CoreMinimal.h"?

Currently, I have many options for the autocomplete but that does not come up.

I’m assuming it’s just being slow. Do you get errors when you finish typing it?

No, it did not have any errors, and I don’t know what the origin of the issue was. Now that it is a new day, my computer is restarted, and I refreshed the files through UE4, it’s not having that issue. I’ll create a new thread if this issue returns. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms