In your opinion, is the remastered Bulls and Cows Section ready for practice?

Hi there!
I just finished Section 1 of the remastered Unity + Unreal course, and got to this slide:

Next steps:

We are currently remastering the entire course. The next section that follows is the remastered Bulls & Cows content that is heavily in development.

If you would like a more consistent journey, please follow the older course content while we prepare and release the new content.

You can jump to the original Bulls & Cows game built in Visual Studio:
Bulls & Cows Word Console Game (Original Version)

The first Unreal section of the original content is:

Building Escape - Your First Unreal C++ Game

I took a skim through the lectures, and it seems to be mostly complete. It has 47 lectures recorded, and I would LOVE to just jump right into Unreal. However, if it’s actually still unfinished/inconsistent, I feel like it could disrupt the flow of the following lessons, and I don’t want to realize this dozens of hours into the course and have to backtrack later.
Would it hurt me to do this new one, or is it a better idea to just go right into the legacy lectures?

If anyone has tried these updated lectures, I’d love some feedback. Thank you!

(…Also, on that note, do the legacy lectures use the same version of Unity as the newer lectures? I think it’s fairly unlikely, but I’m not sure I’d want to miss out on current industry standards and learn a somewhat obsolete version of the engine.)

How long do you think you’d take to catch up to the current latest lecture? If it’s not within 2 weeks time then feel free to start now.

Privacy & Terms