Importing Polygon Prototype assets has warnings

The following two warnings appeared when importing the assets. I assume it’s fine but wanted to call it out anyhow.

Shader Graph at Assets/PolygonPrototype/Shaders/Prototype_Object_URP.shadergraph has 1 warning(s), the first is: There is a newer version of this node available. Inspect node for details.

Shader Graph at Assets/PolygonPrototype/Shaders/Prototype_Global_URP.shadergraph has 1 warning(s), the first is: There is a newer version of this node available. Inspect node for details.

I’m assuming you’re using a later version of 2022. There shouldn’t be any issues with using the shader as is, it just wants you to know there is another way.

I am using the same major and minor version as used in tutorial. I have not seen any issues yet and honestly don’t expect to. Just thought I’d mention it.

I just purchased, downloaded the Polygon Prototype Pack from the Asset Store. After importing i get the following 3 warnings:

A polygon of Mesh ‘SM_Veh_Car_Sports_01’ in Assets/PolygonPrototype/Models/SM_Veh_Car_Sports_01.fbx is self-intersecting and has been discarded.

Googling, I found this from answers.unity.com:

This error basically just means that there were redundant polygons in the mesh and they have been deleted. There will be zero consequences from this error as it has already been dealt with.

Like @Brettski I also received the following warnings:

Shader Graph at Assets/PolygonPrototype/Shaders/Prototype_Object_URP.shadergraph has 1 warning(s), the first is: There is a newer version of this node available. Inspect node for details.

Shader Graph at Assets/PolygonPrototype/Shaders/Prototype_Global_URP.shadergraph has 1 warning(s), the first is: There is a newer version of this node available. Inspect node for details.

Not sure how to resolve these Shader Graph warnings. For now, I’m taking @Brian_Trotter advice and ignoring them.

And yes, I’m using version 2022.1 as specified in the video.

When I get home from work, I’m going to make a clean install and import the Polygon Prototype pack, to see if i can duplicate the warnings (you’re quite right about the self-intersecting polygon thing, Unity is just bragging about fixing it). I’ll also check with Synty about it and see if they’ve encountered it, and if they are planning a patch.

My installation was new-new and Unity 2022.1.24 was installed. In case needed for reference.

I’ll see your 2022.1.24 and raise you 2022.2.0f1.

So I was able to duplicate the issue, and locate the nodes that needed “updating”.

In all of the URP shaders, open the ShaderGraph and look for any Color properties. There will be some in the Property display, as well as a couple of Color nodes where the color is declared explicitely. If you click on them, there will be a notice that there is a newer version. Click on Update for each of these and then save the graph. Ignore any random Null reference errors that pop up at this point. Keep updating Color nodes until they’re all gone.

1 Like

Wow! Great answer! Worked like a charm! Thanks @Brian_Trotter for your prompt, clear response.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms