Importing course project(s) (e.g. Classy Clash) to Visual Studio 2022

I recently set up my PC after a brief absence and wanted to streamline all of the projects I learned in this course over to VS2022 for convenience sake (I also work with Unity which VSCode has issues with) so I can hopefully move away from Visual Studio Code. I’m having huge trouble simply running a project like Classy Clash however, because if I just open the folders after cloning them from GitLab the Run button in VS2022 just says “Select Startup Item”, because I’m loading it from a folder.

So of course I need to set up a solution in VS2022, some new project, which I know how to do. Getting the project into the solution is way harder than it seems. I’m clearly not doing something right and I don’t know what. I’ve tried importing Classy Clash into the solution, I’ve tried dumping the project files from GitLab into the new solution folder but it can’t detect the project files. And I’ve tried to build a solution project thingy from existing code (Classy Clash) but things just aren’t syncing up.

I’m losing my mind over this and I’m one step away from just painstakingly copying the code over manually. I’m sure there’s a simpler way to import this project and similar ones into VS2022 but I clearly need some help with it, step by step. Would love this course to be updated with a video on how to set these projects up for VS2022.

Any help would be appreciated.

~ Maezumo

Our template, and therefor the completed projects, was designed for use with VS Code and can’t be 1-to-1 imported into VS 2022.

That said, here’s a video that should help you get setup with Raylib for VS 2022. Then you can copy the cpp and header files into your project. As well as the art assets.

Ah yes I was about to post an update, this is what I eventually did using that video. It’s not a pretty solution, as you say 1-to-1 importing isn’t that simple. But anyway everything is working now, so this thread can just be closed now. Thanks anyway!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms