Imported Prefab problems

Every Prefab i’ve tried to get from the unity store so far is just this purple as you see here. It seems like it is possible just something about the materials but i am not sure and don’t know how to fix it. I have tried different assets and they all turn out like this for the trees. The Terrain manipulation Esset used before does work without any problems.

Try:

edit → render pipeline → upgrade all materials to

I don’t see said option but this is the Closest I can find.

It doesn’t really do anything tho so it might be something else then I understand from it.

Hi Aqoun,

First of all, make a backup of your project folder by duplicating it. Save the duplicated folder somewhere else, maybe on an USB stick. To save some free space, you could delete the Library and Temp folders in the backup folder.

Then click the “Convert all Built-in materials to HDRP”. If something breaks, you can simply retrieve your project from the backup files.

He Nina,

I already did that and didn’t fixed it. I have been messing around a bit more and got the spaceship asset to work propperly now (no idea how but it works), the problem still stands with the trees, but now i am doubting if it isn’t just something wrong with the asset packs I tried so far.

The problem is that Unity “recently” implemented more render pipelines, and many free assets were not updated.

To be able to use those free assets, make sure to have Unity’s built-in render pipeline selected. Do not use the URP or HDRP.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms