Import utility package

So I have tried downloading the additional asset pack[asset -> import package -> nothing], finding the folder on c: and adding it to the unity editor. Nothing will show no matter where I put this file. I can’t go any further with the course. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi 184peex,

Which version of Unity do you use? If it’s a newer one, open Window > Package Manager. Is the package you are looking for there?

Hi,
my version of Unity is 2018.4.20f1. No unfortunately its not in the package manager. I have downloaded a version from the Asset store but i cant get it from the Assets -> Import package as shown in the video

Which asset are you looking for?

Updated Wed Apr 08 2020 23:55

Oops, I missed that you mentioned the asset in your title. Unfortunately, Unity removed the Standard Assets from their Assets store AGAIN a couple of days ago. That’s really annoying.

You could do the following:

• Download the entire course project from GitHub, navigate to the Assets folder and copy and paste the circuit asset into your own project.
  • Alternatively, watch the lectures on the circuit but do not implement the asset. Rick is going to replace it with a Timeline animation in a later video anyway, so you are not missing anything relevant if you simply watch the two videos.

Updated Thu Apr 09 2020 00:04

@184peex, good news! Unity re-added the free Standard Assets to their Asset Store. You can download them here:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/essentials/asset-packs/standard-assets-for-unity-2017-3-32351

2 Likes

Hi Nina,
I think that by d/l it from the asset store I am able to access the asset. I think I just got frustrated after wasting an hour and half un/installing unity 2/3 times, it looks like i may have an out on this one so would like to thank you for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms