Import tiles

Hi everyone,

I don’t understand why my tiles are not separated in Unity, it looks that I have only one file, but it comes from thes resources of gamedev. I can not find an option or something else to separate every tile in Unity…

On the lesson, it should be like that :

So when I import it in the palette, I can not modify the tiles.

Hi,

Are your tiles sliced? The second screenshot shows that the Sprite Mode is set to ‘Multiple’.

I have only one png file for the tiles, nos sliced. The second screenshot is from the lesson and is what I should have. How do you change the sprite mode to multiple ?

I found the “multiple” in inspector but when I click on it after it asked me this :

If I save it, I can not upload it in the palette.

From what I see in your screenshot, there is a tile palette :

If your tiles are not sliced, please follow this tutorial (Do NOT download anything. This works out of the box in Unity.):

To avoid any misunderstandings: The window showing blue is the Game window. You cannot paint the tilemap in the game window. You have to open the Scene window and paint in the scene window.

Hey Nina, so I succeeded, like you said I had to slice by myself the sprites, I think this video was better to explain how it works :

But I don’t understand why it is not explained in the lesson… :smiley:
And what is more strange is why I am the only one facing this haha.
All my imported files from this lessons are not sliced.

Well, now I know how to do.
Thank you Nina.
Seeyou for the next question ! :sweat_smile:

Good job on slicing the sprites, and making the tiles work. :slight_smile:

Because there was a step by step instruction in the previous video (‘Slicing Sprite Sheets’).

Yes today, I noticed it, I don’t know what I did, it looks I totally missed a part of the video… :flushed:
I did it this morning and steps were perfectly clear !

My bad again… Haha
Thanky you Nina.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms