Import ETC2 ASTC in project settings - can't find it

Hello,
I am trying to share my godot game through itch.io so I exported in HTML format and upload it into the platform. It works fine but can’t be played in mobile devices. I add buttons so it can be played with touchscreens.
In the HTML export process there is an option to select for desktop and also for mobile. When I select mobile there is a messabe saying that I need to enable "Import ETC2 ASTC in project settings. I research this option is in the advance features (take a while to find out). Using the Godot help says that this option is under project settings,
index.apple-touch-icon
I have done it, upload into itch.io and still not working on my iPhone.
Any ideas why?
Link just in case do you want to try on PC or Laptop but not going into Mobile :frowning: https://crookedspaniard.itch.io/the-martianv2

Hi Antonio,

The option that you are looking for is in render->texture settings under the advanced features.
This said however you would probably be better building on the mobile settings and building to the specific device.
We are currently working on a mobile course so that might be a good option for you in the future.

I did try to run the html version on my phone but it just gives a black screen but this is probably because its not designed to be played that way and the display settings are incorrect

I would suggest looking into how to build apps to an iphone or wait for our course to be released

Hi,
Thank you very much for your answer. I would love very much to do the mobile device course…
I maybe try to export it for an Android o iOS in the future.
Kind regards!

1 Like

I did have a play around, my take away from it was that there are different build targets due to the resources they require to run and what can be supplied on the target platform.

for instance the web based platform, it will use certain .net libraries and other resources that are available on desktop web environments, but not on mobile platforms.

i think it would be easier if it knew the environment it was targetted and what its running on and then issue a warning or a disclaimer that it might not run on the specific device.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms