Implementing Send & Receive mechanics in 3D Game Kit

This post covers a few lectures including where we implemented switches and counters as well as general send and receive components. Have you had any issues or things that you’ve got stuck on?

I decided to be a bit mean with the triggers. Once the player defeats the enemies, the door will open, and a big and strong chomper will fall out of the sky to attack them! I was getting a weird problem where the chomper would end up on the floor and not the door, but I was able to fix the issue by reducing the size of the chomper.

4 Likes

Took me a little bit to let the health crate give out the 2 commands i want . activate the crystal and send open to counter. Quite happy it worked. Want to know if possible to destroy a crate and it counts it. cant seem to make it running

1 Like

I haven’t tried that specific scenario but it should be possible. Its just a matter of finding where the crate’s destroy trigger is and using that to send a count to the counter.

1 Like

asd

Have again a Problem. Trying to finish my first level, but cant make the door open when grenadier dies.
I made it so the player opens the right door, grenadier is inside and walks out, and on death the big door in middle opens, but it wont.

I used it like i know from chomper, with damagable, but grenadier dont had this component, so i added it.
But not working it seems.

Maybe someone knows if its possible, cant find any pther script when grenadier dies

1 Like

@Bernhard, I noticed the Grenadier has a separate game object if you expand the group called DamageablePart, which has the Damageable component. I’m guessing that’s where you would want to add triggers and such.

For the Advanced Send & Receive lesson, I made trophies! And not just for show, let me tell you. This was a doozy to get working the way I wanted it to. Let’s see if I can remember everything…

• Used a destructible box and statue to make the trophy, gave it all a new material (including the particle effect) from the dropship and set the group to static so it didn’t fall apart
  • Added a Toggle Game Object Active component to make the statue disappear when the box is destroyed
  • Connected all trophies to a counter
  • Created an Info Zone the size of the whole level for first trophy and set inactive
  • Added Toggle Game Object Active to the counter for the info zone and set it to On Increment Perform Action
  • Created a second huge info zone for achievement get, modified the dialogue canvas to not show Ellen’s portrait
  • Added Toggle Game Object Active for the achievement info zone and set to On Target Reached Perform Action

This was the first thing I started to get really frustrated with and gave up on a couple of times, but finally got it all working with a bunch of trial and error. I’d be happy to go into more detail if anyone is interested.

3 Likes

That’s such an interesting idea!!

Loved this!

The finale of my level involves activating a moving platform to reach the statue on top of a tall dais. To activate the moving platform, you must activate the trigger plate on the far right behind the large chomper and kill the grenadier next to the platform. All works great.

hey i try to activate an infozone when my crystal will be activated. Do i need to do this in the menu of the crystal or in my infozone?

Privacy & Terms