Immersive Ed

Interested in questions of access and immersive educational technologies.

The point of this is access to under-served communities with less resources. Cardboard is the way to go.

I also want to maximize immersion though, so I imagine as I develop this project further - moving to more expensive/elaborate platforms.

A lot can be done with Cardboard and now Daydream. What kind of experiences are you thinking of creating?

Hey Sam,

My thoughts about it are pretty elaborate, but I’m not ready to discuss them openly just yet. In short, I want to create exploratory experiences in VR where users get to interact with their environments and modify them using the things they learn while playing. I’m thinking about language acquisition, concept mastery and ownership of experience using VR as a platform.

My major concern is the limitations of Cardboard vs the potential access Cardboard gives to users anywhere. Daydream is fascinating, but is less appealing for a project concerned with access to educational technologies because of its price.

Oh, and the coding of it. Lol. Yeah, that’s also a concern.

1 Like

Well we can definitely help with getting you coding if that helps :slight_smile:

Also remember that Cardboard & Vr is still in the early stages. I bought an inexpensive controller ($10) that (somewhat) worked with Cardboard. It didn’t work with all games & wasn’t reall reliable with the games that it did work with. So as time goea by I figure that there will be copy cats as well better results with generic Cardboar remote controllers. Cardboard may still be the way that you want to go but you may need to collaborate with a hardware company or at least negotiate a little.

Privacy & Terms