Im getting really weird errors out of no where :(

Hi @ben I started getting a very strange compilation error in which the hot reload fails in the editor and visual studio wont compile either.

and the compliation log in Unreal:

Warning: Starting HotReload took  0.0s.
CompilerResultsLog: New page: Compilation - Mar 1, 2017, 9:50:37 AM
CompilerResultsLog: Info Creating makefile for hot reloading BattleTank (no existing makefile)
CompilerResultsLog: Info Compiling game modules for hot reload
CompilerResultsLog: Info ERROR: All source files in module "BattleTank" must include the same precompiled header first.  Currently "E:\Unreal\Projects\BattleTank\BattleTank\Source\BattleTank\BattleTank.h" is included by most of the source files.  The following source files are not including "E:\Unreal\Projects\BattleTank\BattleTank\Source\BattleTank\BattleTa
nk.h" as their first include:
CompilerResultsLog: Info 
CompilerResultsLog: Info E:\Unreal\Projects\BattleTank\BattleTank\Source\BattleTank\Tank.cpp (including E:\Unreal\Projects\BattleTank\BattleTank\Source\BattleTank\TankAimingComponent.h)
CompilerResultsLog: Info E:\Unreal\Projects\BattleTank\BattleTank\Source\BattleTank\TankAIController.cpp (including E:\Unreal\Projects\BattleTank\BattleTank\Source\BattleTank\Tank.h)
CompilerResultsLog: Info E:\Unreal\Projects\BattleTank\BattleTank\Source\BattleTank\TankPlayerController.cpp (including E:\Unreal\Projects\BattleTank\BattleTank\Source\BattleTank\Tank.h)
CompilerResultsLog: Info E:\Unreal\Projects\BattleTank\BattleTank\Source\BattleTank\TankAimingComponent.cpp (including E:\Unreal\Projects\BattleTank\BattleTank\Source\BattleTank\TankBarrel.h)
CompilerResultsLog: Info 
LogMainFrame: MainFrame: Module compiling took 2.888 seconds
Warning: HotReload failed, recompile failed

This all started to happen after I tried (and ultimately failed haha) the challenge of creating the new Turret static mesh component class.
**Even if I get rid of the new class it now wont compile anything. My last commit was a while ago ( Iv’e now learned to love source control). Any help would be apreciated. Thank you!!!

Well, I seemed to have fixed it. The problem was somehow BattleTank.h got moved to the bottom of the #includes list in every single file (I Have no idea how) The compilation really didn’t like this. Moving BattleTank.h to the top of my #includes for every file fixed the problem!!!

Thanks for letting me know you got it fixed :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms