I'm getting an error when I try to upload my build

I get this error when I try to upload my webGL folder:
transformUnityUpload:Error: No such object: simmer-io.appspot.com/unityUpload/HK6zhDqMkOdUdOJ3KpWDsz4UpMD3/staging/index.html at new ApiError (/workspace/node_modules/@google-cloud/common/build/src/util.js:59:15) at Util.parseHttpRespMessage (/workspace/node_modules/@google-cloud/common/build/src/util.js:161:41) at Util.handleResp (/workspace/node_modules/@google-cloud/common/build/src/util.js:135:76) at Duplexify.requestStream.on.on.res (/workspace/node_modules/@google-cloud/storage/build/src/file.js:823:31) at Duplexify.emit (events.js:198:13) at Duplexify.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:466:23) at DestroyableTransform.emit (events.js:198:13) at DestroyableTransform.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:466:23) at onResponse (/workspace/node_modules/retry-request/index.js:200:19) at PassThrough. (/workspace/node_modules/retry-request/index.js:152:11)

cancel

I have no idea what to do now :confused:

Hi Lucas,

What exactly did you upload? A zip, single files? Does your game run locally in your browser?

I treid it multiple ways:
I tired to upload the folder that contained everything in the game.
I then tried uploading only the “Build” folder, but it said that index.html as missing. I found in the mother folder that file, put it into “Build” folder, but got the error above.
I tried zipping the “Build” folder and uploading it, but didin’t work.
Lastly, I zipped the mother folder and still diidn’t work.

When I run the game, the html says “localhost” so I think it does run locally

Yes, localhost indicates that the project is running locally. What I meant was: Were you able to play your game locally or did you get any errors?

Which version of Unity do you use?

The Build folder is probably a subfolder of the folder where you saved your build. Make sure that the index.html, which is probably located in the root folder, is included in the upload.

Last but not least, clear your browser cache. Maybe your browser still loads the “Build” conent, even though you already uploaded the entire folder with the index.html.

Sorry for taking so long to answer!
First of all, yeah, I managed to play the game locally without any errors.
I’m using the latest version of Unity: 2019.4.11f1

I’ll try to clear my browser cache and try again then.

EDIT: I’ve tried after clearing my cache but it doesn’t work. The index.html file is in the root folder. I’ve tried uploading the build folder and the index file at the same time but doesn’t work. I’ve also tried putting the index file inside the build folder, but it doesn’t fix the problem.

Very strange. If the game runs locally, it should also work on sharemygame.com.

Please follow the instruction in the FAQ below “My Upload isn’t working! Help!”:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms