I'm confused - Section 13 Animations - Quiz 75 "Blend Trees in 1D"

Hello, I’m a bit confused with the first question of the quiz.
The main question for me is very simple, but everything changes with the content within its parenthesis:

Where should you click to start adding new animation. (Select where you would drag from if click-and-dragging)

I think it is very confusing the salvation thinking in a combined answer, the obvious answer is “B” although thinking about the salvation between parentheses could be certain answers like “A or B” or maybe “A”? What prevents these last 2 answers from being true?

1 Like

Same here. Without parenthesis I can pick the right one easily.

I was confused by the part in the parenthesis. It made me think that it was asking about adding the animation itself to an existing field in the list. The poor wording changed the true objective of the question and conflicts with the picture since there isn’t an empty motion field yet. This is what I would consider being an unintentional trick question.

1 Like

I agree. This is a very confusing question. Although the correct answer D is correct, because you can drag an animation clip onto an existing animation field, it seems like a really tricky question for a recently introduced topic.

This threw me for a loop as well. In a blend tree, you can’t drag an animation onto it and create a new animation to the list (he tried in the video and failed and mentioned you can’t do that). He specifically mentioned you had to click the “+” as the only way. So “B” seems the logical answer.

If the thought process was that dragging the “HumanoidRun” to an existing blend tree animation slot is the only way, that won’t be right either because the question said “new animation” and HumanoidRun is already in the blend tree list so isn’t a “new animation” in this context. Also, that wouldn’t even make sense to do in this example even if technically legal. Why drag HumanoidRun on top of HumanoidRun?

The question probably should be “Where do you click or drag from to add an animation to a blend tree animation slot?”

1 Like

I’m so confused why the correct answer is D. Would you mind explaining @sampattuzzi?

I think I must have over corrected this question. I have set it to B and removed the paretheses. Thank you all for pointing this out. Let me know if it’s clearer now.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms