IK bones clipping around

I try to move the lamp in a way that it looks over the edge from the shelf. However when I try it the lamp does a 180° turn (the limits are high enough to allow it).

I just moved the control bone 1pixel further up and then this happend.

In the edit mode, I tried to move the bone further away, but like I thought this will effect the pose too.

I’m a little lost, can somebody help me?

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s part of the course (too long ago). But you can turn off IK because to make IK work well under a lot of conditions, you need things like “Targetting”.
This is needed when Ik is confused about how to react (bend). And needs more info using helpers like those targeting bones.

Does this help?

1 Like

It is a part of the course :wink:

Well I guess I cannot temporary turn IK off, or do some workaround, because I want it to work with IK.

1 Like

In your last image, I see a relation line between the horizontal base bone, and the orange last bone. This is strange.

• did you choose for the IK bone array, length minus 1?
1 Like

The control bone is parented to the basebone, is it really that weird?

The Chain Length is 3 when you mean it that way.

Well I found a way,
I reduced the chain Length by 1 (3 → 2) so the arm works as I want it to be, however the arm joint needs to be adjust separately, but this way it is still better than adjusting every single bone, thanks for the help mate :3

1 Like

Privacy & Terms