If you're running a newer version of UE that isn't compatible with the Starter Animations Pack

I was running v4.17.2 and the animation pack is currently only compatible up to 4.16, so I dug around a bit on the internet to see if there was a way to add it anyway and user AKRS264 had a way that worked just fine for me:

1. Add the pack to your library and Ben mentioned in the video.
  2. Once in the library click the add to project button.
  3. In the new window, click the “Show all projects” checkbox on the top right.
  4. Select the project you want to add it to.
  5. You will get a warning at this stage. When it appears click on the arrow next to 4.17 (or whatever version you are running at the time) and select the latest version it was compatible with like 4.16.3.
  6. Hope this doesn’t cause your project to crash! (This is precisely why we use GIT though :] )

Hope this helps someone in the future!

1 Like

I’m sorry but a have not understood, can you use images or video to explain

This seems to be a common problem after version changes. I may have an easier work-around for Everyone

I’m using UE 4.20

To get around this, open a new project in the latest version of UE that is compatible. In my case that is 4.19.2 Create a new Third person project and name it “AnimStarterPack” to make it easy to find.

Next add Animation Starter Pack as Ben showed.

AnimStarterPackSetup2

After AnimStarterPack finishes loading right click on the folder and left click on migrate.

AnimStarterPackSetup3

Choose the AnimStarterPack root folder and click ok

AnimStarterPackSetup4

Destination folder should be the content folder of your desired project. In my case, TestingGroundsFPS is my current project and the Content folder is the destination of the migration.

That’s it. I hope this helps.

Privacy & Terms