If you have "Opening Editor" freeze screen, see this options

Hello, I have had several problems with the project.

• froze when trying to switch scenes and “Opening Editor” would freeze when trying to load the map.

• To correct this problem I started a new project with Starter Pack and the quality to the minimum.

• In the Settings I changed the Material quality to minimum and Quality to low.

• I copied the Assets folder of the initial project of the course in the windows explorer (not dragging it to the editor) and I also copied the Modular Building set folder of the downloaded asset.

• After I opened the project again and everything seemed fine, I chose to load the “Demo Scene” map and while loading I closed all the UE5 interface windows.

• When it finally finished loading all the Shaders, I selected “Window/Load Layout/Default Editor Layout”, so that all the default options that I closed will be seen again.

• Now it plays perfectly smooth, although the animation doesn’t do it in the right place, but I don’t care… Before it was impossible to load the map and UE5 kept consuming the CPU.

• After all that, I did a Build of the lights.

• I changed the options to high quality in Settings again and it seems that it already looks like in the videos of the course.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms