If I've taken Unity2D should I take RPG Core Combat or Unity3D?

I’m planning on eventually learning C++/Unreal but I want to get started making games with unity. I’ve taken the Unity2D course. Should I continue with the RPG course or the Unity3D course? I might take both, but I also don’t want to waste time going over stuff I already know.

Thanks!

• TK

Hi TK,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

I’m afraid nobody will be able to answer this question for you. What do you want to do?

If you are mainly interested in the RPG course and definitely want to complete that course, you could start with it. If you get stuck, you could enrol in our Unity 3D course and complete that one first. While it is true that the fundamentals for 2D and 3D games in Unity are very similar, Ben and Rick cover techniques specific for 3D in their Unity 3D course. The projects are not the same. And, if you find a project too easy, you could skip it.

And last but not least (quoted from the bottom of the course descriptions on GameDev.tv):

What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund."

My advice is to do what you feel is best for you. Learning something is never a waste of time.

Please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for advice in our official Discord chat.

3 Likes

No one would ever be unhappy with a course with such great quality.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms