I'd like no gap: Help

So here’s the rundown:
My lamp has a rod, and it’s offset on how it holds the lap arm…

The ridges are looking good…

but i have a gap in the center that I don’t need. trying to match it as best i can makes it either a small hole or a weird overlap…

I’ve used in the mirror modifier to merge them seamlessly, but i can’t find a merge item with this. Any ideas?

2 Likes

well, that’s the second time I’ve got my own answer after the post…

Set fill mode to full, and it fills in the empty spots.

2 Likes

here’s an even better one - when converting the curve to a mesh (see the next lesson), just make the faces. AAAAAHHHHHH

4 Likes

Many students beginning at a Blender challenge do have some designs in their heads.
No problem, but the teacher uses a specific design to explain Blender in a simple way. Not to design the most beautiful object. Going off-road alone can lead to tiny problems, but big ones if you are new to Blender modeling processes.

We here at the forum, do read a lot of messages and answer a lot of questions. But sometimes the answer must be seen in a bigger context.

• Your current base is not wrong! But, it could be more straightforward in the number of vertices. The ‘rimms’? and the number of lattice steps can be more simpler. More details can be done in a much simpler way. Start simple first, adding details later.
  • Faces ‘Aaa’, isn’t a problem either. If it still looks decent in render then, no problem. It only takes Blender more calculations to perform. But this depends on what you want to do with the faces them selfs? This means you need to think up front, about what you try to design (draw on paper first). Work from that point.

Have fun, do ask!

With the use of modifiers, you can add extra geometry to an object to make it smoother.

Oll these Blender techniques are part of the course, but are explained by the teacher in a certain process. Step by step improving your skills.

3 Likes

As FedPete said, pretty much everything you want to know to make something similar to the course or a little more different from the course, is explained in each section of the course thoroughly. So following through each section of the course and making something simple or similar to the ones made in the course will help you understand the techniques used in that section thoroughly. After each section is completed you can come back to the beginning of that section and make the model according to your specifications and ideas.This way it will reduce a lot of errors, mistakes and make the resulting model more efficient.
Any way, have fun dude!!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms