I would like to ask for help: Imported Custom track Mesh

Hi Ben, or anyone that can help:

So I have to say I really enjoy this course, so much so that I have decided to import a 3d model of WW2 Tiger tank into the project. The meshes (hull, turret, tracks [left + right] and barrel) come from Maya 2016. I have properly exported the 3d models as FBX files into unreal engine 4.19.

I have duplicated the original tank BP that we have been building throughout the course as saved the new BP as TIGER_BP. I have then replaced all the original meshes like hull, tracks, turret and barrel with the new imported TIGET tank meshes. When I play the game, player controlling the Tiger, everything looks great the TIGER model is displayed correctly, the turret turns nicely, barrel goes up and down and shoot as well.

The TIGER can move forward and backward but for some strange reason the tank won’t turn left or right. So I have, for the hell of it, modified the TIGER_BP and replace the Tiger imported tracks meshes with the one that came with the course. Now the Tiger with the course tracks was turning just fine…so this got me thinking that possibly the issue is not with the Tiger imported meshes but with the physics or the game c++ code. The Tiger track is double the width of the project tank track width.

At this point, I’m not really sure what I need to change in the code to make the Tiger tun; thank you for your help!

Peter

Privacy & Terms