I spent 2 months making a game prototype using what I learned from Gamedev.tv

For the last 2 months I’ve been taking everything I’ve learned from Gamedev.tv and putting it into a prototype for a game. I’d really love to get some feedback to help me figure out if my game is fun and if its worth keeping working on it. If you are able to take the time to look at what I’ve done, and maybe play the game and give me some feedback, it would really mean a lot to me, and help me out in developing the project.

The game is a twin-stick shooter, where you gather resources from enemies you kill and use those to build defenses against ever increasing waves of enemies. Its inspired by the Mars Marine Wave Shooter game in the Unreal Engine 4 Blueprint course, and I’m using the Spider asset as a placeholder for my enemies until I make something new. But I think I’ve taken it quite a lot further than in the course, with new enemy classes and a building mechanic.

I’ve been prototyping this mostly using Blueprints, although there’s a little bit of C++ in there for setting up custom game user settings.

Here’s the latest video from my dev diary about making the game.

And here’s a link to the game if you want to play it:

Thanks!

Privacy & Terms