I notice that one can get more Release's than Grab's

I can see it for myself and in the video.

What version of Unreal? Since I can’t reproduce this on 4.13

I am running version 4.14.3

Are you using the mouse button? Does it happen with another key?

A useful program is called Jing, Its unobtrusive and has been recommended by Ben in the past.
It basically means you can take screenshots and video and upload them instantly and be provided with a link here.
It might be helpful as then we can see what you are seeing exactly.

It’s in the lecture itself

Thanks for that @DanM
Actually this is the sort of thing i was speaking to @ben about on discord to link back to this lecture so its easier to get to the Q&A (Yes its a little lazy but it makes support faster)
I agree with Dan though if you are using a mouse button to grab might be the issue. I used the F key when i did it and i dont think i encountered this but again i was using 4.13 like Dan

I have checked out the commit which has it bound to the right mouse button but can’t for the life of me reproduce it. Though I would expect this to be a result of either device input and/or a bug in UE.

1 Like

It happens when there is a Grab on one button while the other button is still grabbing. The second grab is not recognized, but both releases are.

Oh, that changes everything. When you hold down the button and press a different key with the same mapping the first input is blocking the new one from a IE_Pressed event, if you then release the first one that triggers the IE_Released, and no longer blocks the new one from triggering the IE_Released event. If you were to hold the first key down, press and release a new key none of those events would trigger

Hold down mouse button //IE_Pressed
Hold down left shift //nothing
Release left shift //nothing
Release mouse button //IE_Released
Hold down mouse button //IE_Pressed
Hold down left shift //nothing
Release mouse button  //IE_Released and no longer blocking left shift
Release left shift //IE_Released
2 Likes

Privacy & Terms