I needed to manually install some things

I needed to install .NET Framework 4.7.1 Developer Pack to get intellisense and autocompletion to work correctly in Visual studio Code.

Hopefully this helps anyone in a similar situation.

Extra information, when following this tutorial and writing this message i was using
Unity 2020.3.32f1 and Visual studio code 1.66.0, both newly installed onto a clean laptop.
with extensions “C#” and “Unity code snippets” enabled, as per the tutorial suggested.

p.s. I also closed up unity, unity hub and code completely while installing this pack which no-doubt is advisable.

I just wanted to add in that This fix is already mentioned in the “Intellisense Issues?”

Some students have also found that they need to install the .NET 4.7.x (Developer Pack) as well, so if the latest release doesn’t work for you then try adding that version too.

I just had missed it when i was reading through it. So you can disregard this post.

edit: p.s. I also forgot to mention that i had previously installed .net 6.0 sdk and that was not enough for whatever reason, perhaps there are some developer-specific things not included in that one.
so it was indeed the 4.7 developer’s thing that helped… atleast in my case

Privacy & Terms