I need more explanation for OUTLaunchVelocity

I make a landscape that is its length on the x-axis is 505m and I set the launch speed to 100m

But when I play and try to make my tank hit the end of the landscape while my tank is at the start of the landscape…I realize that I can hit it.
the result I expected was that unreal send me a log that there is no solution because it can’t reach that far.
I set the Launch speed to 100m and it should be cannot reach 505m.

1- all I want is to set how far the tank’s projectile can be reached.
2-what OutLaunchVelocity’s value means in Output Log

100 meters is not a unit of measurement for speed.

It is the velocity needed in order to hit the end location given the start location and speed.

you’re right, I forgot that…silly me!

But I still wonder and I have a couple of Q

2- when I set the launch speed to 10000 what is the meaning of this?

1. You can create a variable for that and simply calculate the distance between the end and start location via FVector::Dist and comparing it with that variable.
  2. That is used in the calculation to determine the velocity needed to hit the end location given the starting location. Recall that velocity is a vector quantity, it has size and direction.
1 Like

1-when Should I use SuggestProjectileVelocity…we just use it to rotate the barrel and turret
I’ll appreciate it if you give me an example

2-LaunchVelocity’s value How do I benefit from it?
we just dealing with its direction.

thanks in advance.

1 & 2:

A velocity is size and direction. We’re using that function to calculate that. The screenshot you gave above shows the trajectory the projectile should go given those parameters.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms