I messed up now i need SourceTree

Alright so im at the end of the boost project and i tried making my own sandbox level to test things and make a 2 player. In doing this i messed around with my rocket prefab and ended up having to delete everything i did because it messed up my original prefab and i tried fixing it but im probably making it worse and beyond solving at this point. So my question is…
[ Now that ive messed up royaly how do i use SourceTree to get back to where i was? ]

Hi,

Select the commit you want to revert, click the right mouse button and select “Set current branch to this commit”.

See also:

I did this but in unity it doesnt change. Like sourcetree is used for when you mess up and then want to go back to a specific saving point right?

Im just specifically trying to discard all the changes i did on the uncommitted changes and having it right on my [Levels completel loop fail] commit so i can restart from there on Unity? I hope my understanding of Soursetree wasnt wrong because what i got was that if you fool around and mess up while trying things you can refer back to sourcetree in some way.

im assuming when you click it to change it back it shouldnt be hard? instead of mixed?

If you fear you could break the project, duplicate your project folder and save it somewhere else. Then try “Hard”. That will delete all your changes.

Bear in mind that the idea of Git is to keep all changes. If you start deleting things like you would on your harddrive, it might be that you break your project without being able to undo anything.

If you want to delete uncommitted changes properly, follow this instruction.

I ended up fixing all my problems. In the future tho i wish to know what to do if i want to test my things out and break my game in a way to find new things out without having this happen like making an entire new unity project and bringing my prefabs there? idk. But thank you

Just discard all the changes you don’t want to commit. You can also exclude files from the commit. If you want to experiment around with your project, you could create a new branch.

And if you want to learn more about Git, I’d recommend to follow a tutorial.

Thank you. Also theres a person that has a problem on section 69 Looping through levels. It doesnt look like he ever got an answer and i ran into a similar problem that im trying ot work with rob right now.

Could you share the link to that thread, please?

Sure. On it.

There you go.

Thank you. I’ve just replied there.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms