I made a pinball game

I wanted a bit more practice using BSP brushes so I created a very simplified pinball game. It’s a bit rough around the edges but I didn’t want to spend a lot of time on it

The left lever on the bottom rotates up when A is pressed and goes back down when released. Same happens with the right lever when D is pressed and released. R restarts the level. When the ball hits the bottom white circle on the board you get 10 points, when it hits the top one you get 50. When the ball escapes, you see a game over message with total points collected.

This did not feel hard to do, but I am going through this course mostly as a refresher. That said, I didn’t use any fancy features so it might be worth a try if you’re feeling very brave and adventurous

2 Likes

Looks great!

That’s pretty cool ! How did u code the levers?

Thank you!

1 Like

I used the Add Local Rotation node on the levers with sweep option enabled so that the ball would receive the physics impulse. It’s not pretty but I have it executing twice with a small delay of 0.01s between as just doing it once with a larger rotation caused the ball to phase through. It’s all in the level blueprint to keep it in the spirit of Marble Run

If you need more details just let me know!

2 Likes

One idea you could try to control collision a bit better would be to setup a Timeline (more on that in Crystal Cavern if you haven’t already) that sets rotation on update.

That was the original thought and I even started it that way! But then I wondered if I could strip it down to something simpler (that someone with just the experience of Marble Run could follow) and it turns out I could, so that was interesting

Privacy & Terms