I lost control of Player Rig on the animation track in the Timeline window

My animation tracks only show up when I click “Main Timeline” in Hierarchy. When I click “Player Rig”, I can’t see any of the animation tracks in my Timeline window. Why is that?

I don’t remember how I added these animation tracks. Could it because of a wrong order of procedures that had led to this?

It become more of a problem when I’m already taking lecture 81 where I find I can only move the Player Ship on the animation track rather than the Player Rig, because if I click “Player Rig”, the Timeline window shows nothing, and if click the Ship in Scene, I obviously just select the Ship rather than the Rig.

Can anyone help me?

Hi,

Have you already rewatched the relevant video where the timeline animation got created? If you cannot remember how animation tracks get added, you could watch the video with 2x speed to refresh your memory.

Which version of Unity do you use?

1 Like

Thanks for the help.

After carefully watch the video again, I found where the problem is – the lock of my Master Timeline is off, and has led to this issue. At 07:07 of this lecture, Rick reminded us to lock the Master Timeline in case we lose it when click on other objects in the Hierarchy.

I’m glad the solution was so simple. Thanks for sharing it here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms