I like the idea of Switches

So, this course is my first time using and C# and I’ve been moving pretty quickly through things (this is my third day and I’m on this video -I assume that means I’m moving fast). Anyways, I include this disclaimer because I am definitely not experienced in these things.

However, I feel switches offer a simple way to deal with complex variables. Or, am I missing some advanced concepts that might make me lean more towards “if” statements? Initially, it seems to me IF statements work well for single-level or simpler choices. But, switches would work better for more complex, or multi-leveled lines of question.

I assume this is going to be covered a lot more in the future of the course, but any other resources I should tap into to really see examples of when/why one might be used over the other? Appreciate any insight from the pros out there!

I’m with you Switch statements are a lot nicer. I guess you’d use IF statement when there is more than comparator or each case refers to different statements.

Privacy & Terms