I keep having double vertexes on anything I use the Extrude tool on?

Is there something in my settings I’m missing? As far as I can tell, I’m following along exactly as it goes. It’s making adding details a pain since i end up needing to do everything twice lol

1 Like

It is a common issue with beginners. Pressing E creates new geometry, then waits for a further instruction, movement, scale, or some such.

Frequently people escape, after pressing E thinking like most tools that cancels the operation, while they reconsider the action, or need to do something else first.

BUT as explained, pressing E has already committed the creation of new geometry, escaping or otherwise canceling, still creates and leaves duplicate verts right on top of the selected ones you were thinking of extruding. So also hard to notice or realize.

To cancel any started extruding, cancel, escape, But also Ctrl Z undo the last action, the pressing of E.

Usually, it is easy to merge the duplicate verts created by pressing M, by distance.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms