I got inspired by this course and created a complete game prototype!

Pretty good, keep it up!

Thanks!

First impressions. The background music and sfx are really really nice. Very inspiring :smiley:

1 Like

Really nice effect on the water and the arrows fading away. Small bug maybe is that the arrows still do damage to enemies once they bounce off the walls. You really took that project to the next level. The death slow-down effect was pretty cool too. Nice work.

1 Like

Thanks very much! As a musician, sound and music in games are really important to me. Glad you liked it!

Cheers, and good luck on your gamedev journey!

1 Like

Not a bug, a feature. :sunglasses: haha - there are so many things I would tweak for a version 2.0, damage modifiers being one of many. I really appreciate the feedback! Thanks for taking the time to check out the game, and please feel free to drop any links if I can return the favor. :smiley:

Great game! you are awesome!
how can I follow you further?

1 Like

@Assaf_Elad absolutely! Twitter or Itch are probably the best ways to keep in touch :slight_smile:

Twitter https://twitter.com/donjuancodes
Itch https://donjuanjavier.itch.io/

Excellent prototype, may I ask you how long it took you to create it?
Some pro’s and cons:

Pro:

• excellent sounds and music, love it how the music changes through the levels, very creative
  • great level design, I like the jump challenges with the ladders
  • cool water effects
  • nice presentation with the lives and coins

Con:

• don’t know if it’s my lack of skills but I got stuck in level 3 at the same spot as pointed out by other folks. Seems that the wall is one block to high
  • would love to fire the gun with the mouse button in addition to CTRL
  • the gun feels a but redundant since enemies can be stomped from above

Anyway great stuff and keep it going!

1 Like

Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to try out the prototype! I think this took me a couple of months to make. I’ve been thinking about re-visiting this game at some point to address many of the concerns you and others pointed out. I think the controls are too difficult and the difficulty ramp is too high. But this was a ton of fun to make! Thanks for the awesome feedback, and good luck in your gamedev journey!

Privacy & Terms