I feel like this chapter started weird and I am missing something

Building the beams.

1 Like

Can you be clearer on this?

General Q&A note

Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left-hand side.
On that menu dropdown is ‘save screenshot’.
Also, include the lecture time and name/number that is relevant to the problem/issue.

1 Like

Sure!
It starts with, “so here are the house modules once again.” Which is the first time they were mentioned, to my recollection. It seems like the chapter jumped right into the middle of a lesson. Also, in all the previous chapters, we are guided through starting a new file at the beginning of the lesson. Both of those combined make it seem like I missed a chapter somewhere.

1 Like

Actuallly Grant first says ‘In this lecture, we’ll start making the modules for the medieval house by building the beams.
So here are the house modules once again, and we can use these to make up different types of house in the same style.’

Along with showing whole the set of modules to be made
There is a whole, if short, previous lecture ‘Blocking out’, describing the section intents with an image behind Grant of the ‘end objective’.

So the ‘again’ presumably is referring to seeing them in the previous introduction being manipulated and moved in the background in the later part of that lecture/introduction.

I agree it could possibly be even more clear and carefully laid out. Grant is game centric and probably assumes everyone is, and they will know what this modularity is already.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms