I draw a medieval city, but I messed up my lines I think :(

I did not have the mood to make a spaceship base, so I ended up looking at some references and made a medieval city instead. I was so proud of it, but then I decided to go through the lines again, and I am so sad. I cannot quite explain it in english, but I feel like the too thick lines ruin the picture (making it kind of cartoony instead of realistic maybe) and I am not able to look it good even with shadows… Can any of you give me any advice what I could do with it, or if I want to go through my lines again, what mistake I should not do to do something like this again?

I would really appreciate any advice, I really wanted this to look good :frowning:
Thank you <3

2 Likes

Everyone’s harshest critic is found in the mirror. I couldn’t do this! You’ve indicated that you were going for a completely different style, but for what it is, I think it turned out great. And btw, I don’t “cheerlead” just for the sake of being nice; if I say something like this, it’s because I mean it. Maybe give the handcart some attention (that diagonal line through the front panel forms an optical illusion), but you did fine with everything else. =)

2 Likes

Thank you your advice and your kind words as well <3

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms