I don't know what's going on

This part is not clear

If you could ask a specific question about what you’re having trouble with, the community can provide better help. I’ll try to provide some general help, but we need specifics about what you’re having trouble with.

Let me see if I can break down what we’re doing.

1. We use a digital art program (like Microsoft Paint, Krita, GIMP, etc.) to create a “floor plan” to guide building the level. We bring that into Godot as a Sprite3D and orient it so that it is visible by looking straight down on the level.
  2. We use CSGBox3D and CSGCombiner3D nodes, expanding on the knowledge gained in the previous lecture, to build the exterior walls of our level. (All of these nodes have Flip Faces turned on. This can be disorienting as, depending on your perspective, you can be looking through several walls at once.)
  3. We then use pairs of CSGBox3D, where the child cuts out a piece of the parent to “fill in” parts of the level to create raised areas. Essentially creating the interior walls.

What can help keep you oriented with what is happening in the scene is pausing the video, toggling the visibility of the floorplan off, and looking around every so often. Then you’ll be able to get your bearings. Try using the Shift+F to switch into Fly Navigation and explore a bit before going back out to working on building the rooms.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms