I don't get the suggestion

What do I have to do? (I have a Mac)

Thank you

Hi,

Please follow the instruction on this website and make sure all required extensions are installed: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/other/unity

Did this help?

See also:

Preference is not showing in my version @Nina.

I have a few tips,

The best one in my opinion is to make sure you have the right version, one time all I needed to do was use the newest version, other times it just appeared, I would recommend trying the newest visual studio version, and try 2019 both are the best in my opinion, when going through the installer make sure that you check the box that says unity game development package, this is crucial for intellisence

Make sure that IntelliSense is enabled: To do this, go to Tools > Options > Text Editor > C# (or your desired language) > General, and ensure that the “Auto list members” and “Parameter information” options are checked.

Ensure that the project compiles: IntelliSense relies on a correctly compiled project. Ensure that your project is compiled and that there are no errors in the code.

Check that the IntelliSense cache is not corrupted: Sometimes, the IntelliSense cache can become corrupted, causing it to stop working properly. To fix this, go to Tools > Options > Text Editor > C# (or your desired language) > IntelliSense, and click “Reset all settings”.

Ensure that the libraries are referenced: If you’re using external libraries, ensure that they are referenced correctly in the project.

Hope any of this helps you!

Unfortunately, I don’t have a Mac, so I cannot check the menu myself. Have you already clicked “Unity”, “File” and the other menu items to see if the Preferences are there?

If VS Code causes too much trouble, don’t waste your time with it (unless you want to do that). Instead, install and use Visual Studio (Community Edition). For some students, VS Code simply does not work well. Maybe due to a problem with Unity, some update or whatever.

1. Download VS and follow this instruction.
  2. Select VS as your External Script Editor in Unity (Edit > Preferences > External Tools).
  3. Install the “Visual Studio Editor” package in the Package Manager.

That should work.

1 Like

Hey Guys, nothing worked :smiley:

But I could fix it quite easily. Thanks God!

Now it is working!

So for iOS, you have to go this workflow:

Install the things like you show in the course, but the preference are somewhere else.

Unity > Settings > External Tools > Browse > go for Visual Studio Code > install the admins in Visual Studio Code > close all applications > restart

After that everything is working like in your video :slight_smile:

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your solution! :slight_smile:

Hello @Nina,

I don´t know but, I have one script who is working.

Then another not?

It is annoying…

Then again everything is working? Do I have to wait sometimes?

Does the internet connection effect this?

Then if I close and open again, then sometimes this comes.

After closing App, restart everything fine atm…

Restarting helps in many cases. I’m glad it worked for you. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms