I do not understand how methods work help pls

Hello. i started learning unity and programing yesterday and i do not understand some stuff.
what do methods do, what does different colors mean, what do we type parenthesize. im not native speaker and maby thats why i did not understand it when teacher explained it. Please help

Hi David,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

They do things. No, that’s not a joke. Methods are like workers. You call them, they do something. And variables are used to store data.

The different colours in your script are a visual help so your code is easier to interpret. Types usually have the same colour. Some “keywords” of the C# languages have a colour. The colours and the things that are coloured depend on the colour scheme your script editor uses.

Unfortunately, I am not sure what exactly you would like to know. If you are not a native speaker, that’s fine. If a line of code does not make sense, paste it here. Then let us know what you did not understand. If you see something in the video that does not make sense, share a screenshot. Describing code is difficult, even for native speakers. That’s why it is better to post the code.

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms