I did another castle

I followed the tutorial this time, but decided to experiment with the materials a bit, as I have been interested in the cell shaded or toon shaded style (I think that is what its called) for a while. I actually found setting the view transform to standard and the look to very high contrast made it look even more cartoony.

8 Likes

Nice looking cartoony castle scene. Looks amazing. I like the sky, bridge, trench with water and the grassy and flowered ground. Amazing job.

3 Likes

Thanks, even though this is a much more simplistic design compared to my other castle, I actually like this one more, I am a big fan of the cartoony style though.

1 Like

Very good cartoon castle. I have never used the render type. Certainly changing away from filmic to standard is usually better imo.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment, Do you mean just changing to standard just in general or just for this render type?

1 Like

Yes I have started doing that. Interesting thing I found is you can change it after the render and it updates. So you can try it and see rather easily.

1 Like

Oh I see, I knew you could change it in the video editor when editing an animation, I didn’t realise you can just do it will a standard render.

Nor me till recently. I guess in effect it is working like a compositing way, just altering the colour balance.

1 Like

Yeah it makes sense, you can do all that sort of stuff in photoshop as well I think, altering colour balance all that stuff.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms