I can't figure out if the error is in the code or the engine

Apologies, it appears we have an issue with the upload form and the file did not upload correctly. Can you try this link for me. Thanks.

http://gdev.tv/projectupload-old

I can only get it to load with a VPN. It won’t load that way

I’ll send you the archive today. In about an hour +/-.

1 Like

I sent it again using the new link they gave

That has worked this time. I’ll have a look today at some point.

Ok, I’m going to refer you back to this post from a week ago, I can't figure out if the error is in the code or the engine - #4 by beegeedee

Quoting from this:

Next, you need to compare against the end of lecture code. This may point to an issue with your code over the lecture.

It is important to always check that your code is the same or if you had missed anything and what you have are several key differences to the lecture code. A quick review will show you where the issue lies and it is a simple fix. I’ve outlined the issues below.

First, you should never manually call OnRep_ReplicatedVar (fine for a one-off test to ensure it works but that’s it) but you have a call in DecreaseReplicatedVar. The point about the call is it is triggered when the value changes - ReplicateUsing indicates the variable uses a call to use this.

Second, and most importantly, is you have to configure the replication call in the header of MyBox, as shown in the end of lecture code here. There is no actual C++ code that does this directly - it just works.

This is covered in the lecture RepNotifies at around 2:50

I suggest you watch this again, apply the changes that you’ve missed and use the end of lecture changes as a guide if you get stuck. The changes are relatively minor in this lecture.

I hope this helps.

Last point to note. Ensure once you’ve made that change, delete the binaries and intermediate folders and build the project to ensure the header changes are picked up. This is especially important given the type of change needed.

Дякую за поміч я зрозумів де помилився!)

1 Like

Privacy & Terms