I am having trouble compiling my first attempt at C++ Project class

I get this as an error in Unreal Engine 5.I have Visual Studio Code downloaded. I get this as a response when trying to open Visual Studio Code to get the code created.

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=“C:/Users/timet/Documents/Unreal Projects/UnrealLearningKitA/UnrealLearningKitA.uproject” -game -rocket -progress
A fatal error occurred. The required library hostfxr.dll could not be found.
If this is a self-contained application, that library should exist in [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool].
If this is a framework-dependent application, install the runtime in the global location [C:\Program Files\dotnet] or use the DOTNET_ROOT environment variable to specify the runtime location or register the runtime location in [HKLM\SOFTWARE\dotnet\Setup\InstalledVersions\x64\InstallLocation].

The .NET Core runtime can be found at:

I was able to find the file in my explorer so i think im okay but i dont understand how to complied. I tried to go to tools then Generate Visual Studio Code under tools and then I got this reply as a error so just wanted to understand why it gave an error

I do not see this section to create the file in visualStudio Code

My Previous File stopped opening so i had to start over and dont exactly understand why it wont let me create the file for this to open inside VSC I tried to locate the file but it does not appear. Before when I opened it in VSC it did not have these presets to select to Terminal RUN BUILD TASK it does not have a dropdown to select the above in the course for Assault class beginning to create the coding section for the platform project

That says you didn’t install .NET Core 3.1

[2022.10.01-04.52.34:720][728]A fatal error occurred. The required library hostfxr.dll could not be found.
[2022.10.01-04.52.34:720][728]If this is a self-contained application, that library should exist in [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool].
[2022.10.01-04.52.34:720][728]If this is a framework-dependent application, install the runtime in the global location [C:\Program Files\dotnet] or use the DOTNET_ROOT environment variable to specify the runtime location or register the runtime location in [HKLM\SOFTWARE\dotnet\Setup\InstalledVersions\x64\InstallLocation].
[2022.10.01-04.52.34:720][728]
[2022.10.01-04.52.34:720][728]The .NET Core runtime can be found at:
[2022.10.01-04.52.34:720][728] - https://aka.ms/dotnet-core-applaunch?missing_runtime=true&arch=x64&rid=win10-x64

Thanks Dan M that was the issue I have a friend that codes C++ he just was not online yesterday the problem is solved and I am caught back up thank you for taking the time to reply awesome man :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms