Human Head Attempt #371293

I feel like I can get it close from time to time but then after a while it appears all my verticies start to crease a lot in the middle and then it appears Im not able to make features feel human like. Not sure if its the strength of the tools or how zoomed in I am when making the edits but its just taking me some time to do this. I’ve probably done this challenge a few times because I really want to get this down.

1 Like

Here is another go:

1 Like

I think I am starting to get the hang of it:

My favorite sculp tools: Grab, Crease, Draw, Flatten.

I was mostly frustrated earlier because it always appeared that my vertices would start to crease in the middle but after a bit of playing around I tried to take another approach and then thought too character customization that you would do in games like the SIMS and essentially that has been how I’ve sort of got around the learning curve a bit. I know I have some more practice to go but I think I am starting to get it now.

Yes sculpting is mostly practice and playing with it.
Try to get the whole shape ‘blocked out’ in lower resolution, then refine it all a bit at a higher one. Rather than concentrate on one details area down to a fine resolution alone.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms