How to Stop the emission of one color

So I was experimenting with emission in blender for a project I am working on.

Is there a way for me to make the blue color non-emitting and only the red color emitting?(Only the red color should have emission.)
I don’t care if its using different types of nodes or textures, I only want the end result to be red emitting and blue non emitting in the type of design on the cube above.

1 Like

There are a few ways of doing it, I think the first one has the most potential.

I can’t think of many situations that you could use this last one, but it works in this case.

3 Likes

As @zeRgenTa explained to you, is based on two shader, one just diffuse color, the other an emission shader. the node setup will determine when or how a switch (mix shader) between this two.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :joy: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :joy_cat:
I quickly recreated what you showed and all three of them works splendidly.
Here are my quick results.

It was exactly what I needed.And thank you for the extra one for creating the blue dots.I am pretty sure I already found a use for it.And the second one allows me to switch between the needed colors easily.So I can probably use it for animation I think.
So THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for helping!!
Now I am gonna go experiment with them to familiarize each node and their arrangements.

3 Likes

Thank you :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :joy_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms