How to split a face with edges or vertices?

Hello,
I wanted to open a door space on a wall. First, I subdivided one face and adjusted one of sub faces to fit as a door space and deleted that face. I tried to make the same face to able to delete it on other side of the wall. For that I extruded four vertices of the existing space to intact wall by snapping to face. As I expected it gave me a rectangle on the other side of the wall. But it was not a face actually. To make a face ı tried to cut it by the knife but knife’s selecting point can not be just the same with existing rectangle’s vertices, that’s why after cutting, it gives not a clear sharp edge but edges too close to each other .

So cutting didn’t work. I tried to join vertices by (j) but this didnt make a face either. Please help :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Blender has a Boolean modifier, where you can subtract, add, invert mesh object from each other. Micheal will explain later in the course.

The option you have chosen, is a good one. But executed poorly. And maybe because your mesh object isn’t is a good working object. Always strife for QUAD faces, on all sides.

Then you can use the CTRL+r in EDIT mode to add edges in the front and back side equally. Where you can deleted the faces (door opening). Having vertices at the same location.

Al these techniques you will learn in upcoming lessons.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms