How to slice a spritesheet with different item sizes

Hello!
I wonder if anyone can help. I’m using a sprite sheet that has different sizes of objects/characters/backgrounds all in one huge .png. So I seem to have a choice of either slicing at a fixed cell size (8x8 in this case), which will chop up some things too much, or using automatic slicing which makes the game tiles all one big image. I thought perhaps, after slicing, I’d be able to slice the individual slices again, but I couldn’t figure out how.
I’ve posted a screenshot that I hope will illustrating how slicing at the smallest pixel unit size leads to odd results - see the bus, for example.
Is there a way to get around this problem, so that I can have the bus be a single sprite (probably it’s 64x32) , but also have the rocks and blocks each be small 8x8 items?

Thanks! I couldn’t find anything obvious when I searched it

Hi AJMeyer,

If auto-slicing gives you a good result, you could fix the boundary box for the other sprites where it didn’t work that well. Also please feel free to ask our helpful community of students over on our Discord chat server.

Thanks @Nina! I have gone ahead and joined discord as you suggest.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms