How to make a door open quickly but close slowly?

I want the player to race against time. So in BP timeline there is this issue that player has to stand on the pressure pad until the door to fully open. But I want to make it so that it open quickly but closes slowly. I’ve already tried making a second timeline, rewiring what I already have, but nothing worked. How do I do this?

1 Like

Take a look at my code here:
https://community.gamedev.tv/t/door-open-close-without-timer/39320
The way that’s coded, the door opens and closes at the same rate, but you could make either as fast or slow as you like by altering the amount that yvalue is incremented or decremented by.

Hi,

you have to use Set Play Rate at the open door request and the close door request.
To use Set Play Rate, right click and at the top right untick “Context sensitive” then in the search bar type in “Set Play Rate” and choose the one under the Time line group.
I have attached a picture for visualisation.
(In my example the door opens slowly and closes fast, you just have to swap the “new rate” variables.)

2 Likes

Thanks

that helped out

Hello @Daniel_Toth,
I’m trying to add SetPlayRate to my blueprint just like you did, but I’m unable to find a suitable target to use with it: “Door Swing” is a Timeline Component Object Reference, while “Target” in Set Play Rate expects an Anim Single Node Instance Reference. How did you manage to bind your Door Swing component to Set Play Rate?
I’m using UE 4.22.
Thanks in advance for your help.

D

Aaaah, sorry, @Daniel_Toth, my bad: there’s a Set Play Rate node for Timeline Components, too.
Pff :slight_smile:

D

Privacy & Terms