How to make a 2D UI Canvas Blur Background with URP?

Hi Guys,

I just migrated my project from the standard render pipeline to the universal render pipeline (URP).
I wanted to use URP because of some of the awesome effectd demonstrated in the turn based tactics tutorial.
Anways… I had a canvas background with a blur shader (see Screenshot) before migrating. I have to admit, I am in no way a shader expert and followed tutorials in order to set it up this way (see Screenshot)

This was working as I wated it to be and looked nice.

Now, after the change to URP it does no longer work, but gives me the blank background graphic( Semi transparent white box).

I tried serval suggested solutions for URP UI Blur Backgrounds (with appropriate Tutorials) but most seemed to work only in 3d Environments. Does any of you guys have a working 2d blur Background for UI working with URP?

If I wanted to learn more about rendering and shaders in general, do you have any suggestions for books or tutorials?

Okay, I figured it out, so just in case anybody comes across this issue or needs a reliable solution… easiest way is going with a global volume. Look here https://youtu.be/3MIJoiprngQ this also seems the only variant that I managed to get consistently to work across platforms :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms