How to get the most from this course

What ides do you have as to how to get the most from this course? What did you learn from this short video?

3 Likes

Challenge myself to build a habit to use what I learn. I think the best way to get the most out of this course is to teach someone what we learned in the video. They say teaching is the best way to show if you really understand a topic or not.

4 Likes

I plan to utilise the GameDev.tv community forums and Facebook groups to help myself by asking questions and other students by assisting them where I can, either with motivational or technical questions.

The community that builds around the course is the most important thing in helping to build your own skill levels and knowledge.

4 Likes

I think to get the most out of it is to make sure I know why I am doing something and understand the material versus just following along. Also that my best effort should be given otherwise I am limiting myself. I learned that I should take advantage of the resources available to me.

3 Likes

To get the most out of this course I investigate everything that is not clear to me or even if I remain clear I investigate even more thoroughly for my own liking. If I find a problem I can not resolve on my own I will ask in the forum to receive help, just as I try to help the needy.

1 Like

I always work best when having an end goal in mind. I plan on presenting my results to my local community of artists, showing what I learned, how I did it, and what mistakes I made.

1 Like

After this course that will give me the basic about the c++ and UE4 i’ll try to do something about multiplayer.

1 Like

I’ve started taking this course to improve my skills portfolio.
I’d like to enter the game industry so here you go.
Also this community looks nice so thumbs up on that.

I believe that to get the most out of this course you have to be consistent with putting in time.

I learned that using the forum is important.

commitment

I will take this course seriously and try my best to be part of the community. Learning together is much more efficient for everyone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think to get the most out of this course is to put in the time and effort. Also, you need to be willing to challenge yourself and go outside of your comfort zone. To take this course, I think you really have to make up your mind to do it, and get your head down and be ready to work.

1 Like

The best way to get the most out of this course.
Is to try to involve myself as much as i can within the challenges.
To also use my resources to fullest.
Before moving on to the next video/topic make sure i have full understanding of the current one i am learning

I learned that good things come to those who wait and put in the time an effort required to be exceptional at something you are passionate about. I’m very eager to learn and practice what is being taught.

I believe i will get the most from this course by implementing what i learn and asking for help when i get stuck. I plan on being active in the community and practicing regularly.

Being active to learn the new content and active in the community will help learn this course efficiently.

Do not give up!!!

• Putting passion or personality into your work, and use the course knowledge to create and establish the current projects you had in mind.

• Start with simple mechanics rather than graphics

• Don’t be afraid of asking questions when needed

I have learned that I have to follow step by step de course. I have to try every challenge in lessons. I want to help other students with their troubles and search or ask every question about anything I can’t do by myself. Use Google out of the course can be very useful to solve errors and answer questions. For me the best way to understand the course is teaching others and know what I’m doing every time.

I’d like to build a solid foundation with the Unreal Engine to build some Virtual Reality environments.

As an experienced frontend developer I know that you cannot know everything. Google is your best friend and you must learn to search for the right things.

Privacy & Terms